Northside Baptist Church began in the early 1950's as a vision in the heart of Second Baptist Church and their pastor, Ray Williams. They purchased half a block at 4100 North Laurent Street. In what was then open country at the north edge of town, the Parkwood Baptist Mission came into being. A borrowed tent provided a place for the first services. Under the leadership of the mission's first pastor, Rev. Robert Ryan, the congregation began to grow and impact the community.
On October 12, 1952, the mission became an autonomous church, officially changing its name to Northside Baptist Church.
Clyde W. Bolen was called as the second pastor. During his three year pastorate the church tripled in size. An additional half block was purchased and the first two brick buildings were added, almost enirely with volunteer labor from the members. The Day School was also begun, now expanded to encompass all elementary grades.
Jimmie Mize was called as the third pastor in 1956. During his thirty year pastorate at Northside the church grew and hundreds found new life in Christ. Property and building additions were necessary throughout Bro. Jimmie's pastorate to meet the growing needs of the congregation. Construction of a new worship center began in the fall of 1976. Seating over 1000, it was dedicated on October 17, 1977 - the same day that Northside celebrated its 25th anniversary.
Another building project began in early 1983, resulting in our present two-story office, educational, and fellowship building named after Mize, who resigned in 1986 to pursue God's call in other areas of Christian service.
In 1986, Jim Sanderson became only the fourth pastor in 34 years. During his tenure the church continued to grow. Dr. Bill White began his ministry as pastor in 1990. Two worship services were begun to accomodate continued growth. Plans were made to construct a 31,000 square foot childrens building. This building was dedicated in April of 1995. In July 1994, Northside called Dr. Rodney McGlothlin, who served as pastor until January 2002.
Tim Williams came to Northside in December of 2003, shepherding the congregation until August of 2015, when he answered the call to serve with South Texas Children's Home Ministries.
In May of 2016, Northside called our present senior pastor, Darrell Tomasek.